Pairings & Standings
Platform Tennis League's pairings points system considers results from 18,000+ PT League matches. The purpose is to create an objective system used for determining competitive compatibility. The "pairings" number assists weekly court groupings. Other factors are considered: time slot availability, geography choices, variety and maintaining an overall season schedule to keep players playing on courts where they are the best 25%, middle 50% and worst 25%.
This is not a rating but rather an earned point average which considers a player's:
- Current League W/L%
- Current League Strength of Schedule
- Current League Start Point
This considers only results from the current league.
- Used to determine order of finish.
- Factors into "parings" number.
- Uses SOS & Win % to create number.
This number is used to mitigate fluctuations at the beginning of a league/session.
- Returning players = final standings number from last league w/ 18 completed games/sets.
- New players = established rating systems and new player information surveys.
- Measures court difficulty in relation to the rest of the league.
- Uses a 1 to 10 general player rating system.
- Based on current pairings points.
- SOS ratings are updated weekly.
- Each court is assigned a point value between 4 and 40.
- The court rating is often the sum of the 4 players' ratings.
- There are modifications for 5-player courts & when there are "outliers" on the court.